Friday 18 October 2013

Glassware

Not the most inspiring, `Glassware' was the subject at Thursdays AVA session. I missed last week so was determined to go even though the subject leaves me cold. 


There were eleven or twelve members present who produced 13 paintings. I seemed to finish very quickly and the result typifies this rush and the fact I'd done no preparatory work. For a subject I picked the following which was off to the right side and front of where I sit. 



Partially finished

Basically I did a pencil drawing then painted using a very limited number of colours. Green for the left hand jug and mixed greys for the one on the right. I put some red into the background of the green jug as a compliment to the green.


Robert Heal


Myra Abbot


Jo McKenna


Cath Wilkins


Yvonne Harry - a work in progress


Brenda Parsons




They certainly aren't the best set of paintings I've seen from my group by any means but it is a tough subject. Next week the it is an `Autumn Still Life'. That sounds more interesting.









4 comments:

Unknown said...

Brave bunch. The thought of it frightens me and there is plenty of evidence to suggest that some bold attempts were made. Must have been a great learning experience, particularly with lots of people to bounce ideas with. Did you not finish yours, Peter?

Peter Ward said...

Yes I did Mick but it was rubbish.

Jeff said...

Hi peter. I just discovered your blog, it is wonderful. Keep up the good work,

Peter Ward said...

Welcome Jeff and thanks for comments.